3.08.2007

This Week in Comics

New story line...can't say bringing the Kingpin into play is really what I am looking for in Ultimate Spider-Man. The Kingpin is and older harsher villain that really doesn't play well in the Ultimate Spider-Man world. I prefer if we stick to the spidey villains. I also wish these story within stories had some connections. I mean we do have the triangle between MJ, Peter, and Kitty but what about some bigger plots especially those one pagers that give us a peak into the future direction. We shall see...



I admit I fell off the Avengers bandwagon...the stories just weren't fun but I gather Bendis had to go into a holding pattern due to the events of Civil War. Still not for sure why we need two teams and why is Wonder Man an Avenger and who is Ares? Black Widow is not a team character. Not for sure if this line up is Avenger worthy...is this West Coast Avengers redux?





Yawn...is this storyline over yet? Maybe if you are an age old JLA fan this story get you rev'd up but for me...just too many holes. Sorry to say but if you get too far away from the mythos of the big three is just doesn't do much for me.






Book 2, the story deepens, although not quite as good as the first book, it does set up the tale. Again I probably should revisit the original tale but so much too read. I wonder how this tale sets up for people in the know and thus of us who haven't read the books? Also does King ok the storyline?

No comments: