7.03.2007

G.I. Joe A Real American Hero - 25th Anniversary

I see a trend...suddenly I am transported back to 1982 (seems alot of things happened this year!)...although I don't think I found myself on the GI JOE bandwagon until 1985 when I was a freshman in high school. Not for sure which came first, the cartoon or the comic, but I believe it was the cartoon. Soon after that I found the comic...

Actually well before I started collecting superhero type comics I was a big time GI JOE comic book collector. It was only when I was at the supermarket and couldn't find any JOE books that I gave ol X-factor 9 a chance...gee know where that went! Any was reading something somewhere about how the GI JOE A Real American Hero was coming out with some 25th anniversary figures. Anyway I think Larry Hama just did an outstanding job of putting together the mythos of the JOEs. How he integrated the teams and came up with special talents. My favorite JOE was Outback...loving the wilderness and teaching survival training one summer was all I needed to collect this JOE

Anyway loved the JOEs especially the comic book and the special mission books. One thing I have to say is where is the nostagia? With the Transformers coming back what about the beloved JOE. Talking about a franchise? I have often wondered with the excellent games like Metal Gear Solid and Tom Clancy's video games why they don't come out with a game where you can set up JOE teams to complete missions. The obvious success of the mission being using the correct JOEs to complete the level. Then with succeeding levels you gain new JOEs. Anyway just a thought...YO JOE!

No comments: