6.08.2007

Air and Space Museum


Day One of vacation and visited the National Air and Space Museum in Washington DC. I had been there back when I was a kid and loved the exhibits. Since my last visit (almost 20 years ago?) things haven't really changed all that much although things look more dated. I won't belabor my opinion on the space program...but it is even more apparent when visiting such a major exhibit like this. Where is the NACA when we need them, where is the exotic flying machines that were so present in the 50 and 60s? Now it appears that private funding is leading the way into the next aerospace wonder. This was somewhat present in that they have installed SpaceShipONE in the main gallery along with the Spirit of St Louis, Apollo 11, the X-15, and by the way where is the Wright Flyer?


No comments: