6.14.2007

Amtrak ?

Why don't Americans like trains? Why is Europe a primarily train community and the US a airline and car economy. Is it distance, is Amtrak just not very well run? I've always found rail travel to be romantic and laid back. A type of travel that is a bit more sophisticated and relaxing. So during our vacation I decided it would be fun to travel by train. Reasons I decided this were traveling by car on the east coast is a nightmare and airplanes can be a nuisance. So I did a search on train travel from Baltimore to New Haven and discovered the Acela, US's only high speed train service.















Limited stops but only a 4 hour train ride from Baltimore to New Haven. On time, big seats, comfort, and an incredible bargain. Very friendly workers who actually acknowledged your existence and wished you well. Only about $400 for four people. Compared to airlines and all the hassles you have to go through to fly...I believe rail travel is the way to go! I was very impressed and would recommend it highly.



No comments: