6.14.2007

Brad Meltzer - The Book of Fate

I actually ran out of the books on my last trip so I needed something to read on the way home and ran across this book. I had seen some info on it especially since Meltzer was writing JLA. So I figured that another comic book writer turn novelist (or the other way in this case) might be a good shot as Rucka's books have been good. Anyway the summary blurb on the back also made this book seem kind of like an American DaVinci code or National Treasure. I figured a good no brainer type read. Well unfortunately it was none of that and basically a complete rip off...and a worthless read...not happy. I mean you read the blurb and it seemed that the Mason mystery was at the center of it all, what a total lie...it really had nothing to do with the story, was a complete add on just to make you think it was National Treasurist, and a basic worthless plot point (okay not worthless) but not totally necessary...it really could have been anything. The basic mystery wasn't all that exciting or ooh aahing and was not all that good. Oh well win some you lose some.

No comments: