6.21.2007

This Week in Comics

Another strong issue. I need to track down the previous issues before 25 to try and get a better feel for the characters. The Winter Soldier, Falcon, and the SHIELD Agent. I think each issue would fit stronger in a context. This one is basically about the Shield. Winter Soldier wants it, Tony Stark wants to keep it. Learn a bit more back story on alliances and who Winter Soldier knows...I like the future potential team-up Black Widow and Winter Soldier. Good ongoing series with good writing and good art.









Conclusion to this arc...whoopee...not all that strong of an arc. I think Bendis basically wanted to write all these characters (and why put Moon Knight into the Ninja outfit that is in his Avengers books?) I am sure Bendis thinks it is cute but I find it annoying. Let's be a bit more subtle with our little inside jokes. Anyway a nice little spidey high and mighty speech but basically nothing exciting. A boring arc...I much prefer Bendis stays with the spidey mythos...again I never thought King Pin was a spidey villian. Let's get back to Peter, MJ, and the coolest villians of any comic character.


No comments: