5.29.2007

Paris - Je T'aime

Alright I was feeling sappy...we were supposed to go see Pirates of the Caribbean but I wasn't in the mood for action adventure. I'm a big fan of the low budget art film...especially seeing it in an old theater. It takes me back to that feeling of seeing a real movie rather than the razzle dazzle of today's films. Anyway knew nothing about this flick...looked interesting...18 shorts by renowned directors all telling stories about love in Paris. Wes Craven's Oscar Wilde pic was classic, Gus Van Zant's short about love and different languages was the best, and the vampire one was just plain freaky. The old man selling hair products was weird, the lady speaking french by numbers was hilarious. Their were a couple of sad ones and one about immigrants which I think is very much like Paris today. Overall a good movie worth the time and admission...so Pirates can wait!

No comments: