5.09.2007

This Week in Comics

Being a slow week I didn't have a lot expectations. New X-men 38 was a pleasant surprise. The team up writing approach seems to work well. Although they kind of overdid the amount of "new" x-men involved it does show a surprising array of new talent in the x-men ranks. Since I started this book on the last issue I am still getting the feel for who is the "new" x-men. It appears to have a core group. I wonder if this "search for Magik" will add to their ranks or just serve as a intro for readers like me longing for the past! Anyway promising story arc...stay tuned.

What can you say...Bendis sucks...as in he sucks you back in just when you think you out! Again all these mega crossovers have really messed with any sort of continuity he was trying to get across but surprisingly he is able to keep it together. Looks like Hawkeye might be returning. Hawkeye to me as always seem to be a cheap rip off of the Green Arrow but ma ybe with his death he will return to be more grittier? Any good issue...some great spidey lines as usual especially the Ninjas, "Well!, I'm fighting ninjas again, even though I specifically said I'm done fighting ninjas."

No comments: