5.10.2007

A Tale of Two Baseball (Towns)






Vs.





OK call me a cheat but I actually have two teams...the Roxs and the Red Sox (my rationale is you have to have a NL and AL team to root for). Having read Rob Neyer's green monster book and surviving grady I guess I got caught up in it all. Really in baseball regardless of who you really root for you either fall into the Yankees or Red Sox camp. Evil empire or the hard luck sox's. Needless to say when the Red Sox won the series in 2004 it cemented a connection to them. I know that I have never lived in New England, never really went through the pain (OK I did have to live through Aaron F#$@ing Boone, and do not obsess over the team. But I have been to Fenway and I am planning to go again so I must fit somewhere? I do have a Mighty Ortiz shirt and got my wife a Sox Addict shirt. My kids have Red Soxs gear so it must mean something? Anyway this whole post is why the Roxs are the roxs and soxs are the soxs.

Established: Boston 1901 vs Colorado 1993
W-L: Boston 8,472 and 7,972 vs 1.042 - 1,204
Pennants: Boston 11 vs Colorado 0 (Wild Card!)]
WS Champs: Boston 6 vs Colorado 0
HOFs: Boston 15 vs Colorado 0
Ballparks: Boston Fenway vs Colorado Coors
The Man: Boston, Ted Williams vs Colorado, Andres Galaraga




















That pretty much sums it up!

No comments: